Ford Australia Dealers Launch Complimentary Ford Pick Up And Drop Off For Service Customers
- Ford Pick Up and Drop Off Service offers customers a safe and convenient solution to keep their vehicle ready for essential trips during the COVID-19 crisis
- Customers offered peace of mind with dealers implementing vehicle disinfection processes
MELBOURNE, Australia, 2 April, 2020 – Ford Australia has introduced ‘Ford Pick Up and Drop Off service’1, a new initiative that offers customers a complimentary, convenient vehicle pick up and drop off solution2 when their car needs servicing or warranty repair during the COVID-19 emergency.
The initiative is designed to make life easier for Australian customers, helping them cross another item off their to-do list during this difficult time so they can focus on other things, knowing their vehicle is serviced and ready when they need it.
“The Ford Pick Up and Drop Off Service provides our service customers the reassurance they can get necessary vehicle work completed without leaving home, and the peace of mind that their vehicle is disinfected afterwards,” said Kay Hart, President and CEO, Ford Australia and New Zealand. “We’re pleased to be working with our dealers to find ways to ensure customers can continue to enjoy uninterrupted and safe services during this time.”
Removing the need for customers to physically bring their vehicles in for scheduled maintenance, the complimentary Ford Pick Up and Drop Off Service will be initially available at participating dealers until 30 June 2020, and incorporates three main elements:
- Pick up and drop off of a customer vehicle when they book in a service or warranty repair
- Disinfection of key touchpoints of the customer’s vehicle
- Wide availability of cashless payment options i.e. mobile payments.
“We’re pleased to be able to offer extra convenience and peace of mind to customers during this difficult time,” added John Cooper, Chairman of the Ford Australia National Dealer Council. “These new services build on the strict hygience and sanitation processes we’ve built in across the network.”
The disinfection process involves thoroughly sanitising the interior and exterior surfaces of the vehicle, in particular major touch points including:
- All exterior and interior door handles
- Steering wheel (including buttons)
- Centre console
- Gear Shifter / Selector (dial or handle)
- Park brake handle
- Radio / HVAC areas
- Start/Stop button
- Driver’s door armrest and centre console
- Window/seat/mirror controls
- Rear view mirror
- Seatbelt buckle and anchor
- Rear boot lid / tailgate button / handle
- Bonnet and latch
- Fuel door
- Key fob
Motorama Ford have been advised to use an alcohol-based cleaner that is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral agent, which quickly and thoroughly sanitise hard surfaces without damaging plastics, elastomers and rubbers. These measures are designed to help ensure that Motorama Ford staff and customers are protected, as well as customers’ vehicle paint and interior trims.
To enquire more about our current sanitary practices before booking a service, contact us here.